The Mount Pisgah Academy Adventist Church Pathfinder Club is a scouting-type experience especially for boys & girls in grades 5 and up. We are a part of a worldwide organization of nearly 2 million young people sponsored by the Seventh-day Adventist Church that accepts any youth who promises to abide by the Pathfinder Pledge and Law regardless of their church affiliation. Pathfinders learn and grow in a fun, positive environment, learning outdoor skills, citizenship skills, and social skills. We are a ministry of the Mount Pisgah Academy Seventh-day Adventist Church in Candler, NC.
By the grace of God, I will be pure and kind and true. I will keep the Pathfinder Law. I will be a servant of God and a friend to man.
THE PATHFINDER LAW
is for me to:
- Keep the morning watch.
- Do my honest part.
- Care for my body.
- Keep a level eye.
- Be courteous and obedient.
- Walk softly in the sanctuary.
- Keep a song in my heart.
- Go on God’s errands.
Oh, we are the Pathfinders strong,
The servants of God are we.
Faithful as we march along,
In kindness, truth, and purity
A Message to tell to the world,
A truth that will set us free!
King Jesus the Savior’s coming back
For you, and me!
“The love of Christ constrains me.”
- Help the young people to understand that God and His church love them, care for them, and appreciate them.
- Encourage Pathfinders to discover their own God-given potential.
- Inspire young people to give personal expression of their love for God.
- Make the number one priority of your club program the personal salvation of every Pathfinder.
- Build into a Pathfinder’s life a healthy appreciation and love for God’s creation by enjoying outdoor activity.
- Teach Pathfinders specific skills and hobbies that will make their lives more meaningful.
- Encourage the Pathfinder to keep physically fit.
- Give opportunity for the development of leadership.
- Seek to foster the harmonious development of the physical, social, intellectual, and spiritual life of the Pathfinder.